We are recruiting a number of experienced researchers for an international qualitative study. The study languages are English, French, Spanish and Japanese and we require researchers to be native or bilingual speakers in one of these languages. Researchers are entrusted with conducting high-quality, in-depth qualitative interviews with key stakeholders and decision makers. They are also requested to provide input on the interview design, analysis and quality assurance as part of the study team. They will work closely with the study coordinator, with fellow-researchers, the study leader and the study administrator.
- Input to the study methodology and interview guide
- Interview preparation, briefing and training
- Preparing interviews and connecting to the interviewees (objectives, terms, methods, tools,..)
- Conducting and recording in-depth, high-quality interviews of ca. 1 hr per interview
- Following-up on interviews (follow-up questions, thank you, validation of results through interviewee, request if there are other people that should be contacted,..)
- Creating Interview Briefing: summarising interview, key themes, topics, answers and issues and transcribing key sections verbatim
- For non-English interviews: translating interview briefing
- Study Quality Assurance: Reviewing transcriptions and interview briefs of other interviews
- Providing input in the analysis phase by highlighting emerging themes, challenges, open questions, and areas that may need further research
- Collaborating closely with the study team
- Ensuring compliance with MRS code of conduct and other standards set as part of the study, pointing out gaps in the knowledge attained and updating the interview plan & schedule accordingly
- Other tasks as agreed
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- MA or equivalent in a field that requires qualitative or mixed research (social science, political science,..)
- Evidence of an understanding of the scientific method and of qualitative research
- Experience in conducting qualitative interviews for research purposes
- Experience in qualitative research and analysis, either in a university or a market research context
- Experience in the nonprofit sector, ideally in an association, society or other membership organisation
- Experience in working in working virtually an international and multilingual team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in the language of the interviews (native speaker)
- Very good communication skills in English
- Strong intercultural skills, an understanding of the professional customs, culture and expectations of the countries covered by the interview
- A highly professional, diplomatic, friendly and confident manner
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with study subjects
- Ability to work self-directed and independently
- A passion for learning, new ideas and insights
- A team player, comfortable with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Intermediate to advanced IT skills required for the task at hand (Word, Excel, Skype, Recording Virtual Interviews)
- Ability to stay organised and meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and strategic thinking
- Professionally conducting qualitative semi-structured interviews
- Producing new insights through interviews, follow-up research and content analysis
- Contributing to the quality of results through input in the methodology, interview guide and quality assurance procedure.
- Acting as ambassadors of the study and the clients through professional and insightful actions and diplomatic behaviour
Successful candidates will be invited to participate in the following work-packages
- Study Preparation and Training
- Preparing, Conducting and Follow-Up on Interviews & production of Interview Brief
- Peer review of Interviews and quality assurance measures
- Contribution to data analysis and feedback on results
This is a short-term contractual position. Researchers will be remunerated with a lump sum for work-packages 1+4 and per interview for work-packages 2+3. Payments will be made via Upwork:
- After the first two successful interviews
- After each consequent interview
- At the successful completion of each peer review
We require all of our staff, consultants and freelancers to adhere to the PMI Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct. Honesty, responsibility, respect and fairness are key values in all of our work, and a prerequisite for any collaboration with the DaVinci Institute. Read the full code at https://www.pmi.org/about/ethics/code.
We require all researchers to adhere to MRS Code of Conduct setting out the professional standards that all research practitioners must maintain. Read the full code at https://www.mrs.org.uk/standards/code_of_conduct.
We carefully consider candidates’ character, skills, experience, motivations, and goals without regard to race, sex, national origin, religious beliefs, ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity, marital status, political affiliation, genetic information, or disability.
Please apply by via UpWork by 2 July noon (CEST) here:
- Native English Researchers
- Native French Researchers
- Native Spanish Researchers
- Native Japanese Researchers
Please adhere to the schedule and process outlined here. Any contact via other channels or via our experts, partners and clients will lead to automatic dismissal of your application.
The DaVinci Institute Brussels is a think-tank and expert network supporting transnational organisations and projects for social innovation. We help people, projects & organisations to showcase their expertise through international collaborations. We create connections, support networks & manage projects that lead to knowledge exchange and sustainable innovation. Our headquarters are in the heart of Europe and we operate globally.