The DaVinci Institute Brussels is hiring Qualitative Research Consultants to assist principal investigators (PIs) Benita Lipps and her team in conducting interviews for a comprehensive study on non-profit management. Work will be based in Brussels and will require no more than 20 hours of work in February-March. Application deadline is 31 January 2017.
Description of Tasks
Our Qualitative Research Consultants will be asked to perform the following tasks independently and to the highest standards:
- Schedule and conduct guide-based qualitative interviews
- Summarise interview results and proof interview transcriptions
- Follow-up in case of open questions
- Provide input to the interim report
- Review interview guide and suggest changes and improvements
- Perform other advisory tasks as assigned
What we are looking for
We are looking for candidates who are able to demonstrate many of the following qualities
- An understanding of the scientific method and of qualitative research
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills (French is a plus)
- Some experience in conducting face-to-face interviews for research purposes
- Interest or experience in the non-profit sector and in non-profit management
- A university degree
- A professional, friendly and confident manner
- The ability to work self-directed and independently
- A passion for learning, new ideas and insights
- A team player, comfortable with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Availability for ca. 20 hours in February and March in Brussels during business hours, to be scheduled flexibly according to the needs of the interviewees.
Research Consultants will be offered a short-term freelance contract and remunerated per completed interview (between €70-90, based on experience). Additional tasks will be remunerated by the hour (between €30-45, based on experience).
How to apply
If you would like to apply, please send an email to Benita Lipps at firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January with:
- a brief (<300 word) description of your motivation and your background that addresses the above qualities (may be in text body of your email)
- a CV/resume
- an indication of your availability / limitations to your availability in February/ March 2017
- contact information for two relevant references
Short-listed candidates will be contacted for a phone interview. Finalists will be interviewed in person.
We carefully consider candidates’ character, skills, experience, motivations, and goals without regard to
race, sex, national origin, religious beliefs, ethnicity, sexuality, gender identity, marital status, political
affiliation, genetic information, or disability.